Catan Histories: Rise of the Inkas [Board Game, 3-4 Players]
Out of stock
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Manage the rise and decline of civilizations in a region of coastal and mountain Peru across three historic eras in Catan Histories: Rise of the Inkas from Catan Studios and Asmodee.
Long before the Inkan Empire rose to dominance in Peru, many advanced indigenous cultures developed and declined in the Andean regions of South America. Catan: Rise of the Inkas confronts you with new strategic challenges as you play.
Development works in much the same as the core mechanics of Catan build roads and settlements, gain development cards to give you an advantage, and use the robber to hinder your opponents. However, eventually your early tribe will reach their pinnacle and be supplanted as you start a new era.
As you play Rise of the Inkas, you must twice decline your early tribes to make way for a new tribe’s era. You remove all your constructed roads from the board and cover your settlements in vines to denote that these may no longer be developed. But your game doesn’t end there. When your tribe goes into decline, you place a new settlement on an available board space and continue the game using this new settlement.
In the game you want to build up your tribe, but at their peak you must start a new tribe elsewhere on the board as your old tribe goes into decline. Look out! Now players can build over your old tribe.
Timing is an important part of your strategy as you play Catan: Rise of the Inkas, so take advantage of your opponent’s settlements in decline to set yourself up to claim victory!
- For 3-4 players.
- 90 minutes of gameplay.
- Intriguing new gameplay featuring a piece displacement mechanic that is new to Catan.
- This Catan histories game explores the rise of one of the world's most fascinating cultures.
- 110+ beautifully sculpted plastic game pieces and all-new Hex art of the Peruvian jungle environment
- Explore this world through beautifully sculpted game pieces and all-new Hex art game board of the Peruvian jungle.
- Rise of the Inkas uses basic Catan concepts, but puts a new take on resources with additional goods, and a new spin on having the longest roads and greatest martial skills.