Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker [Sony PSP]
In Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, stories tell of a legendary soldier who once waged war against the world. His name was Naked Snake, a.k.a. Big Boss, and the truth behind this legend will finally be told.
The era is the 1970s. Big Boss had stationed his soldiers without borders in Columbia, South America, where he was approached by visitors from Costa Rica, a national without a military. In various regions of the country, a mysterious armed force seemed to be engaging in suspicious activities.
Now, to preserve peace in this nation without a military, the soldiers without borders move into action. In time, they would be known as the founders of Outer Heaven. Forge a new path and live the legend with Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker.
- The Latest Title in the Metal Gear Solid Series - A true continuation of the ever-evolving franchise that stood the test of time and started the stealth action genre, Peace Walker is the first title on the PSP system in which mastermind Hideo Kojima has fully taken up the reigns to direct, write, and design the game himself.
- Extensive Content - Arguably one of the deepest PSP games to be released as Kojima Productions pushes the boundaries of the platform to new levels while blending various game styles together in ways that will captivate and engross both veterans and newcomers to Metal Gear.
- Proven Gameplay, Story, and More - Fans of the series will enjoy the exhilaration of familiar stealth elements of previous MGS titles and will also be enticed by the new gameplay features making their debut in Peace Walker. Those expecting a typical stealth game will be blown away by the Peace Walker experience. This game is a blend of action RPG elements, RTS elements for a PSP experience like none other. Staying true to Metal Gear form, the entire game experience is woven together by a gripping story which unfolds through the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa and acclaimed comic book artist, Ashley Wood.
- Unique Online Multiplayer Support - Peace Walker provides up to 4-player co-op gameplay, which is a revolutionary first for the series that introduces the all-new Co-op Ring and "Snake Formation." The Co-op Ring allows gamers to interact and build their camaraderie through the sharing of items, equipment, and life gauges during the heat of battle, while the "Snake Formation" lets one player take the lead so the others can focus on defense.
- Massive Replay Value - Replaying missions in Peace Walker earns players new stuff and experiences for Snake that can potentially change your experience.