Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence [PlayStation 4]
Out of stock
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Become a Daimyo of the Warring States period of Japanese history in Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence from Koei Tecmo for the Sony PS4, a historical simulation game of conquest and domination.
Battles play a vital role in Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence. Although it is not necessary for players to declare war to strengthen their position, enemy lords may attack castles, towns, and settlements to increase their area of influence and grow their wealth.
Defeating enemy fiefs can also strengthen the overall standing of the player's chosen clan, so growing a strong, well-equipped and well-trained, loyal army is key to successfully completing the game. Players can enter the battlefield with one or multiple army regiments, call on banner-men, allies and subordinates, and strategically use the terrain to the advantage of their clan!
Battles are resolved in multiple ways, including a remote, birds-eye view of the map where there is free control of individual armies or combinations of allied forces, and a close-up view option that offers more control of individual units. The first option allows for a Multi-faceted Battle with various fronts and skirmishes across the map, and allows control of the chosen clan and its allied forces.
All battles are in real time, so this offers a better overview of the map, as well as ally and enemy movements. With the second option, players can strategize further using information such as terrain particularities and current weather conditions.
Close-field battles also offer the player the chance to take the role of the Grand Commander which opens up the option to use officer 'Traits' and 'Tactics'!
- Birds-eye view and close-up view options that offer more control.
- Tactics are actions unique to each officer that can be used to strengthen the army or weaken the enemy for a short period of time.
- Battles has become more dynamic with new fields and situations being added requiring more tactical planning and troop controls than before.
- Hailed as one of the best installments in the franchise's history, this extremely intricate, deep, and meticulous strategy game is set against a backdrop of a fragmented nation.
- 4 new scenarios tracing the historical facts are in place such as "Birth of Nobunaga" (1534), "Battle of Sekigahara" (1600) with New "Sengoku Chronicle" seeing over 500 Officers being added to the character listing.
- New systems are in place such as the "Alliance" command allowing you to join hands with other Warlords or "Corps under the command system" allowing you to take full control of the numerous unique Warlords under your command.
- Traits are passive special abilities that automatically take effect when the officer is present. They can be learned when the officer levels up or through his/her retainers and can affect strategic, military, or diplomatic situations, among others.