Pandemic: State of Emergency Expansion [Board Game, 2-4 Players]
Out of stock
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Saving the world just got harder, thanks to the Pandemic: State of Emergency Expansion from Z-Man Games and Asmodee!
Your job of curing deadly diseases is about to get more difficult. State of Emergency, the third expansion for the hit cooperative game Pandemic, introduces three modules that provide unique ways to play and give you greater control over each game's difficulty.
Contain the Infection
Take on one of five new roles as you tackle the Hinterlands Challenge and investigate disease strains that jump from animals to humans. Travel to four locations spread across two new boards as you trace diseases to their source.
If you don’t act quickly, they’ll soon spread to nearby cities and become even harder to contain. The Superbug Challenge raises the stakes even further by introducing a fifth disease that cannot be treated. Instead, players must collaborate to produce vaccine doses and eradicate the superbug before it’s too late.
New Challenges, New Tools
With State of Emergency, you can fine-tune the difficulty of your Pandemic games even further. Take greater control over the diseases, or make things more unpredictable. If diseases overwhelm you too often, use quarantine markers to slow down how quickly they spread. Use an action to impose a quarantine on a city and prevent the next two attempts to place disease cubes or perform an outbreak.
If you want to inject increased difficulty into your games, the Emergency Event Challenge is for you. This peppers the player deck with Emergency Event cards that have nasty, unpredictable effects such as restricting players’ movement or reducing their maximum hand size.
State of Emergency gives you more control to set the difficulty of your games. Use quarantine markers to block a city if the disease is spreading too quickly or introduce Emergency Event Challenges to the player deck for a more difficult mission. Only the most seasoned players can overcome this challenge!
- For 2 to 4 players age 13 and up.
- Play a complete game in about 45 minutes.
- Adds new roles, events, and a new disease to pandemic.
- This is an expansion for Pandemic. You need the base game to enjoy State of Emergency.
- The Hinterlands Challenge and the Superbug Challenge offer two new ways to challenge yourself to save the world.
- Take on one of five new character roles, as you study a new strain of disease that has the ability to jump from animals to humans.
- Travel to four new locations around the world spread across two boards as you act quickly to contain the diseases before they spread to nearby cities.