Radiant Historia [Nintendo DS DSi]
Radiant Historia is a single player turn-based RPG for play on Nintendo DS and DSi. Channeling the heart and soul of fan favorite 16-bit RPG classics, Radiant Historiacombines a unique position-based three-party battle system, unique time travel abilities, intricate hand-drawn details and one of the best soundtracks in recent memory as it takes gamers on a steampunk adventure back and forth through time.
The kingdoms of Alistel and Granorg are at war. As a result, terrible things have happened and will continue to happen - things that may even threaten the fabric of the overarching world of world of Vainguer. This war must be won, ended, or both and Stocke is the one chosen to make it so. Stocke is an agent in the Special Intelligence division in the kingdom of Alistel. Beyond his skill with a blade, he is entrusted with a miraculous tool, the White Chronicle. This amazing book allows him to see beyond the present into other times. Combined with the help of two unforeseen allies, the White Chronicles eventually allows Stocke to actually travel through time to change things that should never have been and channel history into the path that it was meant to unfold...
Radiant Historia is a single player, turn-based RPG with action that revolves around a 3-party battle system and time travel abilities. Battles occur whenever enemies are encountered and play out over a three square grid system. The closer an enemy is to a player controlled character(s) the more damage that is possible in an attack(s). Beyond simply overwhelming enemies one by one, players can also manipulate individual enemy positions so that multiple enemies occupy the same space and can thus be attacked at the same time by party members. Successful combo attacks of this nature can net your party bonus gold and experience points. With a sufficient power build up each party member can also unleash special Mana Burst attacks which offer unique benefits in battle. Objectives that can not be achieved through battle may be available through the game's time travel functionality and the accessibility of parallel universes. By going back and forth in time and visiting other universes players can change events and historical choices that may alter conditions in the present and or future. The result of this can be multiple possible parallel game endings and maximum replay value.
Key Game Features
- Restore the True History - With the power of the White Chronicle, the crossroads of time is yours to traverse. Jump back and forth across various turning points in history in order to save your world from destruction.
- Your Choices Matter - Difficult decisions face you at every turn. Who will you side with? Who will you choose to help? Your choices progress the story and bring you to drastically different ends. Return to previous choices to initiate changes whose effects ripple throughout the timelines.
- Classic Turn-Based Combat - Take your party of three warriors into combat, battling enemies within range of your 3x3 grid.
- Push Your Foes Around - Use the turn order and your special ability to manipulate the positions of enemies on the field to set up combination attacks and gain the upper hand.
- Flexibility in Combat - Change allied character's positions on the board when it best suits the situation to level the most damage possible against enemies.